Redevco refurbed in close cooperation with C&A the entire building which consists of in total four buildings. The whole technical installation of the building was replaced. Three façades are listed which made it extremely difficult to improve the building in terms of insulation. C&A made the whole fit-out and placed its new store concept. C&A’s GLA remained +/- the same. One direct access from the outside to the basement was closed. Together with an ecologist all flat roofs including courtyard (totally 670 sqm) were greened with local plants and bushes.
Winterthur achieved a BREEAM In-Use Excellent rating, the highest ever achieved in Switzerland for Redevco. Our team worked closely together with the tenant (C&A) to reach this result.
- Green roofs based on an ecological concept
- Highly insulated windows (triple glazing)
- Installation of new water efficient toilets and basins, dishwashers
- LED lighting (by tenant)
- Automatic lighting controls linked to building access via badge-system (by tenant)
- High insulated roofs
- Replacement of the entire technical installations
- Collaboration with tenants is very important
- The planning team has to be involved from scratch
- Knowledge about energy reduction measurements
- Refurbishment of the entire building in close cooperation with tenant C&A.
- New store concept of C&A with LED Lighting
- Refurb of the building shell – high insulated windows and roofs
- Replacement of the entire technical installations (more energy efficient installations).