Redevco is proud to introduce the 10th edition of our Responsible Investment Report. This 10th report marks ten years of sustainability at Redevco, demonstrating our strong commitment in this area.
The report reflects our view on sustainable cities and the significance it has to our business success. A few highlights from our efforts in 2017:
- 42 Assets under management made more future-proof and sustainable (improved BREEAM ratings in 2017)
- A total of 88% of our assets under management are now BREEAM-certified.
- We started a couple of sizable redevelopments. One example is The Leaf, a retail park in Ternat (Belgium) for which we are targeting a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
- The Redevco Foundation allowed us to contribute to a total of 87 different charitable projects across Europe in 2017 with a total budget of EUR 2,1 million spent.
- We acquired and divested assets for a transaction volume of EUR 1,04 billion, making it one of the best years in terms of trading.
We will continue to future-proof our assets under management. We have agreed with our shareholder a target of allocating at least 50% of investment value in our overall portfolio to BREEAM certified properties with a ‘Very Good’ or better rating by 2022.
Andrew Vaughan, CEO of Redevco: ”We are grateful for the engagement of our employees and external stakeholders, without whom little could have been achieved. My wish is that this collaboration continues so that we can make our world a place to enjoy for generations to come.” Watch a statement from our CEO below.
We invite you to read our report, which has many more examples of our efforts. We have created a new sustainability platform, which is available here. You can read and download the report on the platform.