1.8 million

inhabitants

€10 million

Refurbishment

27,693 m²

Total area

40

Shops & Restaurants

Princes Square

glasgow-jun16-img_8896glasgow-jun16-img_8899glasgow-jun16-img_8946glasgow-jun16-img_8949glasgow-jun16-img_8958glasgow-jun16-img_8977_option_2glasgow-jun16-img_9010_with_shopperglasgow-jun16-img_9092_with_shopper

Princes Square opened in its current format as a shopping and dining destination in 1988. The centre was refurbished in 2011/2012 at a cost of £7.5 million.

The original buildings consisted of a 4 storey merchant square built in yellow sandstone and completed in 1841. The then owner, James Campbell, was knighted by Queen Victoria and later became Lord Provost of Glasgow. In celebration of the birth of the Prince of Wales, later to become Edward VII, he named his new building Princes Square.

The Grade B listed buildings were developed by GRE Properties Ltd in the 1980s. The brief then was to preserve and restore the original buildings but create a modern shopping and dining centre of quality and distinction with an emphasis on style – which remains within the centre today.

Fact & figures

  • Catchment area: 1.8 million people
  • Gross Leasable Area: 27,693 sq. m.
  • Number of shops & restaurants: 40
  • Tenants: Ted Baker, COS, French Connection, Reiss Womenswear,  Vivienne Westwood.

Glasgow

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Project Link
CATEGORY  :  United Kingdom,